On Saturday afternoon we went on a guided walk around one our local Victorian cemeteries, organised by the Friends of Radnor Street Cemetery. About 33,000 Swindonians were buried there between 1881 and 1970, and 104 are war graves, making it a Commonwealth War Graves cemetery. This walk was one of the events organised as part of the commemoration of the Great War.
It has graves of many interesting locals, including Mayors and Councillors who were philanthropists as well as politicians.
It is also a wildlife haven – we saw a very large fox, so large that we first thought it was a dog. The views over the New Town lower down the hill, and across to the countryside beyond, are lovely. Many local people use it as a short-cut to the roads which surround it.
Click any of the images above to see a slideshow of the photos full-size.